:: Skinny Pomegranate Margarita ::
It’s Margarita Monday, better yet it’s Cinco de Mayo! Let’s shake it up a little with a Skinny Pomegranate Margarita that is sure to make you do a little cha cha after your first sip! Hey, did I mention I LOVE margaritas? If you don’t know that already, it is my favorite adult beverage. I love that they are the perfect combos of salt and sweet, and I love them fresh….no sweet and sour mix for this girl.
In fact, it’s really hard for me to judge Mexican food, as I have been spoiled by my Grandmother’s. I base my liking of Mexican Restaurants on their margaritas, and their chips and salsa. Aren’t you thinking you might need a little of both today? I know margaritas can a little more caloric than most fun beverages, but this Skinny Pomegranate Margarita will leave room for you to enjoy this Mexican Fiesta!
I started making my homemade margaritas on the skinnier side a few years ago. Instead of the traditional tequila and sweet and sour mix, this margarita recipe is lightened up with fresh lime juice, sparkling water, pomegranate limeade, and a small amount of fresh margarita mix. Yes I know, margarita mix….it’s a must today, because if you haven’t heard already….NEWS FLASH, the price of limes have gone up. There’s a lime shortage, can you believe that?! Time to plant a lime tree… but before I do that, let me tell you how to make one of these tasty concoctions so you can go and enjoy your Cinco de Mayo!
Skinny Pomegranate Margarita
- 1/2 cup fresh squeeze lime juice approx. 5-6 limes
- 1/2 cup margarita mix I use Trader Joe's
- 1/2 cup sparkling lime water
- 1 cup Pomegranate Limeade found at Trader Joe's
- 1 cup Tequila Silver
- 1 packet of stevia
- lime wedges and salt/sugar rim for garnish
- Cut and juice the limes by hand or with the aid of the juicer.
- Place in the juice into the bottom of a small pitcher.
- Add the Pomegranate Limeade and Tequila to the pitcher.
- Pour the 1/2 cup margarita mix and sparkling water into the pitcher.
- Add the stevia and slowly mix.
- Add a few ice cubes to a glass.
- Pour the Skinny Pomegranate Margarita into a glass.
We hope you enjoy this recipe! For another Monday Margarita check out our Grapefruit Margarita, too!