Watermelon Salsa //
There’s nothing better than a quick and simple homemade salsa! The flavors are robust and so fresh with a medley of vegetables, cilantro, and…. WATERMELON (the secret ingredient that has made this my new summertime favorite)!
This Watermelon Salsa is delicious served as an appetizer with some salty tortilla chips … or it can be used as a fresh topping on poultry or fish. (I even love eating it completely plain — straight out of the bowl with a spoon!) You can even add a heaping spoonful into the center of a sliced avocado and eat it for lunch. (YUM!)
The salsa will remind you of your favorite pico de gallo, only better! The sweet bites of watermelon… combined with chopped bell peppers, jalapeño, red onion, and cilantro balance the amazing flavors present in the dish!
Not only is it clean and healthy… it’s pretty to look at, too! Don’t you think?
This Watermelon Salsa would taste fabulous with roasted corn, black beans, chunks of fresh avocado, or sliced cherry tomatoes thrown in the mix. (I love a recipe that’s easy to customize according to what you have on hand!) It’s the perfect appetizer to bring to an upcoming Fourth of July Party or summertime soiree! Enjoy, friends!
- 1/2 whole Small Seedless Watermelon Diced
- 1/2 whole Red Onion Diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper Seeded and Diced
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper Seeded and Diced
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper Seeded and Diced
- 2 whole Jalapeños Seeded and Diced
- 1 whole Bunch Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1-2 whole Limes Juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine all prepared ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Give it a good stir and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Keeps for one day, so get those chips ready!
- *Optional ingredients // sliced avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, black beans, and/or roasted corn.