:: Key Lime Fruit Dip ::
We love a good after school snack! I don’t know about you, but it’s the first thing my kids ask for when they get home from school. This Key Lime Fruit Dip is a fun treat when the kids are craving sweets. Madeline loves fruit and loves helping to make this easy dip. Add a few pieces of fruit on kabob sticks and there you have an afternoon appetizer.
All that is needed for this Key Lime Fruit Dip is light cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime rind, key lime yogurt, and your favorite fruit to dip. Our favorite fruit to dip at the moment are strawberries, grapes, and pineapple as they have been abundant at our local stores, but should these not be available blueberries, raspberries and apples taste amazing with this dip.
- 12 ounces of block style cream cheese ( I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese ⅓ less fat)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 (6 ounce) carton of key lime yogurt ( light regular yogurt or greek yogurt)
- Fruit of your liking.
- Adapted from Cooking Light
- Add all four ingredients to a medium bowl or to a mixer bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a couple minutes until cold.
- Slice and place your favorite fruit on kabob sticks or into a bowl for dipping.
- Take the dip out of the fridge and enjoy.