:: Weekend Lovelies ::
Rise and shine! Welcome to this edition of Weekend Lovelies. Yes I say rise and shine, as this picture literally is the sun rising on an early spring morning. My kids are early risers, and though I am one too, I am never quite ready to rise early on the weekends. This particular morning I was grumpy, when Mason made his way into my room. He said mom, “I have to show you something”, thinking it was a recent Lego build, I slowly got out of bed and made my way towards him. To my surprise this was my morning greeting. “Isn’t this beautiful Mom?” This made my day. So for you parents out there, I do have say there are positives to these early mornings. Seeing the sun rise just over the trees is not always going to be noticed in our lives. It is a special treat, and one day we will be wishing and hoping for these early morning risers. This weeks Weekend Lovelies is full of our favorites. A little DIY to some spring fashion. I am looking forward to having this week off for Spring break. Though we don’t have huge plans, my family will be celebrating a few family birthdays…..two very special ones are sandwiched together in our week off. I am excited to be celebrating Shane’s birthday, and Madeline’s 5th birthday! Do you have any upcoming celebrations or spring plans?
- This week we posted about my Spring Garden Boxes updated, but if you don’t have time for a DIY Garden Box, this Gronomics Raised Garden Box from Crate and Barrel is the perfect solution.
- Etsy is a favorite place to shop, but it’s even more exciting when it’s one of your friend’s shops. We LOVE these handmade soaps from 3 Little Chicks Soap Bar.
- World Autism Awareness Day is something that we hold near and dear to our heart, as it is part of my daily life. We love that Stella and Dot is supporting the cause with their Autism Awareness line for the month of April. I can’t live without my pouf.
- Life has a way of being busy, but a goal of mine for Lent is to turn the TV off and read before bed. What I Should Read Next and Book Reader Chronicles are great sites for finding your next book to read.
- Decorative Antlers for the home, yes please! We are loving these antlers from Yarn Bombed.
- Spring just isn’t spring without a fun dress. This Vernalis Maxi Dress from Anthropologie is on my wish list.
- A favorite round up from Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin It, along with a tasty recipe of Homemade Orange Butter.
- I can live on peanut butter and almond butter on apples for the rest of my life. This tutorial on How To Make Homemade Nut Butters is a must read from Tasty Yummies.