:: Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins ::
Do you have an upcoming school event that that requires you to bring a healthy home made snack? These Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins are the perfect fall treat. Loaded with pumpkin flavor these little muffins make for an easy bite sized snack. Made without nuts and the additive of applesauce and yogurt with a mixture of canned pumpkin these muffins won’t disappoint your little ones. I know for myself, I often would love to bring in cupcakes for a birthday celebration or fall party, but these muffins were just as fun with half the sugar. Easy to make and full of pumpkin spice flavor this is sure to be a new healthy fall treat to add to your list.
The creamy vanilla yogurt and chunky applesauce help to keep these muffins moist. My favorite part has to be the pumpkin and pumpkin spice. They scream fall. Add them with a cup of coffee and you have yourself a homey breakfast. Now if I can only get this wind and heat to let up a little…..perfect on a cold rainy day. Madeline helped me make these little muffins for her class snack. She couldn’t wait to share these with her school mates. All and all I think they were a hit.
- 1/4 cup non fat vanilla Greek yogurt ( I used Chobani)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie puree
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and flour.
- Sift together with a wisk.
- In the bowl of a mixer add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and mix until smooth and lightly golden.
- Mash up banana and place into the mixer.
- Spoon in applesauce, yogurt,and pumpkin.
- Mix together with sugar mixture.
- While mixing on low, pour the contents of the small bowl into the bowl of the mixer.
- Mix together until fully combined.
- Using a mini muffin pan, spray pan with non stick spray.
- Place in muffin cups and spoon in pumpkin applesauce muffin mixture.
- Place muffin pan into the over and bake for 13-17 minutes until done.
- This recipe makes approximately 36 mini muffins. You could add a simple powder sugar drizzle on top or create this as a loaf. Perfect for little hands and the size allows all to enjoy.