:: M&M Skillet Cookie ::
It’s fall and I am feeling inspired by all that I see. Target really has a way of taking a hold of oneself with it’s lovely displays of Halloween and all its seasonal M&M’s. I can’t help it….the kids want chocolate chip cookies, and I am thinking we need something new… something that I actually have to think a little bit about and use one of the many gadgets that I like to covet. How many of you have this problem? I love kitchen appliances, cake plates, pans, and coffee mugs….I can go on and on. The problem is I buy them and then I sit and wait. I wait to decide the best possible recipe I will create to use in that special addition to my kitchen. So I am breaking out my Lodge cast iron and I am making it simple. Two dishes to clean and I don’t have to roll out cookies, set them aside to cool, and repeat. One pan and you get to slice your cookie out of it. Genius and easy! This M&M Skillet Cookie is simply inspired by BJ’s Restaurant. When I first arrived at Long Beach State as a Freshman, BJ’s in Belmont Shore was a fun meet-up for food, friends, and family. We would always end our meal with a Pizookie. Since my kids have recently had their first try of one, I am making an at home version… and its not going to be in a small pan. No rush to finish and we did top it with ice cream. Yum!
See what I mean about this little fall M&M’s…
Equal inspiration credits have to go to my Lodge cast iron skillet…
M&M Skillet Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter 1/2 cup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of M&M's
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray non stick spray or lightly grease your cast iron pan and set aside.
- With the aide of a mixer, blend butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Turn off mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla until mixed all the way through and the mixture is golden brown.
- Gently add flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Mix together until blended but mix only a few times as to not make the dough dense.
- With a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips and m&m's.
- Spoon in the cookie dough unto the cast iron pan.
- Press with your fingers around to flatten into the pan and cover the pan completely with the cookie dough.
- Place in the oven for 17-20 minutes. Checking often.
- Take out of the oven once you have checked the center is done and let it rest until the cookie is almost cool and serve with a scoop of ice cream.