:: Strawberry Delight Appetizer ::
Who doesn’t love an easy summer appetizer, especially one that entails strawberries and cream cheese? This appetizer as I deem Strawberry Delight, truly is a simple delight. The ingredients that are combined to make this savory yet sweet appetizer are a great edition to your next party. This appetizer has been a go to for far too many years to count. As food generally has a story, this appetizer tells the story of my life with my girlfriends and roommates back during my early twenties. Such fond and fun memories of 4th of July’s, beach days, roller skates, and boat parades. What I believe to be most fun is this recipe was passed my way from my dear friend, Stephanie. I had one of these bite sized Strawberry Delight Appetizer’s at one of her fun family parties. It was from then on, we made this yummy recipe at every event we hosted or toasted to, not to mention it’s great with a glass of champagne.
Strawberry Delight Appetizer
- 1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese ( I use 1/3 less fat )
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 box of Nabisco Triscuits
- Wash and slice strawberries.
- Sprinkle a cutting board with half the brown sugar.
- Remove cream cheese from the wrapper and roll the cream cheese into the shape of a snake.
- Roll the cream cheese in the brown sugar, top the cream cheese with the additional brown sugar on top.
- Slice the cream cheese like butter.
- Place one slice of cream cheese mixture on a Triscuit.
- Place a slice of strawberry on top of the cream cheese.
- Repeat until mixture or strawberries are gone.
- This appetizer truly is as easy as I have listed. The next time you have an event to attend or host, this appetizer is a delight to share.
Simply Happenstance http://www.simplyhappenstance.com/